I couldn’t make it to Florida myself, but proudly carry my Great Schlep tote bag to and from all manner of daily and campaign-related activities, and have been distributing as many Jews for Obama buttons and stickers as I can. Our home has seen a steady stream of out-of-town volunteers – one lovely graphic designer is here for a two-week stay. Sons and husband are scheduled for weekend canvassing, and there’s preparation for poll watching next week.
What else can a Jew do?
- Help recruit people for our Get Out the Vote Efforts by encouraging them to sign up for shifts here (link)
- Help recruit attorneys for voter protection/poll watching by having them sign up here (link)
- Encourage people to join us for Jewish canvassing – they will be going door-to-door in predominately Jewish neighborhoods. Direct people to this website so they can find their local field office (link)
- Help engage undecided voters either through house parties or any other way you reach them (if you know people who live in apartment complexes/faciliteis with Jewish seniors this is your best bet).
- Continuing to help us refute the smears against Senator Obama that will be stepped up in the coming weeks – you should be actively telling people the truth and also driving people to this link (here)
- Join the Jewish Outreach Team (here)
- Donate funds to the campaign (yes, again)
And take time to view – and share – this bit of Yiddish theatrical song … to revive yourself for the final push through Election Day, November 4th.